Infolinks In Text Ads

Monday, March 22, 2010

XP Smart Security Removal

XP Smart Security Removal / ComboFix

The virus which attacked my laptop last weekend… I just removed it from the Task manager. But when ever my laptop connect to the WEB, it get started again…

I just referred some site and found that below registry code can be used to remove the same…

1. Click Start->Run (or WinKey+R). Input: "command". Press Enter or click OK.
2. Type "notepad" as shown in the image below and press Enter. Notepad will open.
3. Copy and past the following text into Notepad:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00[-HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareClasses.exe]
[-HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareClassessecfile]
[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOTsecfile]
[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT.exeshellopencommand][HKEY_CLASSES_ROOTexefileshellopencommand]
@=""%1
%*"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT.exe]
@="exefile"
"Content Type"="application/x-msdownload"

I tried the same but no use… the XP smart Security still pop-up again and irritated me… As usual my final and the best malware fix which can remove all these F$%$% things is ComboFix… I just went to http://www.combofix.org and downloaded the file and ran it in my laptop and got it fixed…

Main Things to be considered while using ComboFix are

1, This is a freeware and every day it gets updated, so you need the latest version to fix your laptop/desktop.

2, Its extremely a powerful program, which could even CRASH your computer. So pls be careful while using this.

3, b4 running this in your comp, don't 4get to disable the antivirus or firewall in your desktop/laptop.

4, It may take some time to clean up your system, but after the full clean up. Your system performance will be great.

I strongly recommend ComboFix to clean up your computer, if you have enough knowledge in using the same…

No comments: